What if you could invest in ideas?
Perhaps our single most important distinction is this: At Chevy Chase Trust, we invest in global themes. We build equity portfolios of companies positioned to exploit powerful, secular trends, disruptive ideas, innovations and economic forces. It’s more than a process. It’s a philosophy that lets us pursue the real potential in each client’s portfolio.
It might start with a discussion about the population shift from rural to urban areas. We might identify a trend in transforming technologies. Then, what begins as a simple, singular thought can lead to a pivotal investment strategy.
How it Works:
- Study the global economy
- Identify long-term secular trends
- Invest across geographies, sectors, and market capitalizations
- Limit risk organically through careful research and planning
Why it Works:
- Capitalize on trends—when valuations are attractive
- Use a macro view to prevent overreaction to market volatility
- Look beyond the limitations of style, geography, and benchmarks
- Create portfolios that can outperform in many different environments