Touching the future of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence has produced a number of cognitive technologies. Artificial Intelligence is the ability of computers to perform tasks that normally require human intelligence, such as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, learning and translating between languages.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) is one of the most exciting and transformative opportunities in our time.
- The costs to compute and store data are plummeting, while the computational capacity of processors is growing, making new self-improving AI applications possible and affordable.
- With 40% of the world’s population online and more than two billion smartphones in use, we are generating the raw material for AI to decipher behaviors, interests, connections and activities to a previously non-existent granularity.
- Google’s voice recognition technology improved from 84% accuracy in 2012 to 98% accuracy in 2014.
- Google’s Facenet technology can now recognize faces with 99.6% accuracy.
- IBM’s Watson is now 2400% smarter than the day of its Jeopardy victory in 2011.
- Artificial Intelligence is now more accurate than humans at image recognition.
- Digital assistants like Siri, Alexa and Cortana are not only becoming faster and more versatile, but will open technology to the visually impaired, elderly and others.
- While Amazon, IBM, Microsoft and Alphabet are driving AI applications, we looked for a company where the exponential growth of AI would be mirrored in the company’s growth.
- We invested in the market leader in graphic processing units (GPUs).
- Developed initially for gaming applications, the company is now a leader in four segments – gaming, visualization, data centers and autos.
The company’s value proposition is unique because GPUs have higher processing capabilities than CPUs and are more efficient, presenting the lower cost, higher capability processing required by AI applications.